Friday, January 20, 2012

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Minutes

DH can, at times, be the stereotypical guy-- hates chick flicks, avoids malls at all costs, and only buys flowers when he's done something wrong.  So when it came to planning our wedding I never imagined he'd be so involved in every aspect of the process.   I thought he was going to be the typical FiancĂ© and just nod his way through the process, oh was I WRONG!

From the photographer-- three quit after not sharing his vision-- to the cake--who would have thought a guy from New Mexico could tell the difference between butter cream and fondant-- to the rehearsal dinner --of course, he needed steak. DH not only had a vote on which vendor I chose, but he routinely took the lead and provided recommendations and feedback--constructive and plain criticism--to all of our vendors.  

So it shouldn't have been a surprise that DH would want to add his two cents when I proposed hanging a couple of our favorite photos. During my six month sabbatical overseas, DH found a new love, a love of photography.   When I asked him to pick his favorite photos he easily provided his top 64!  What I thought was going to be a simple "hammer nail in wall" project was delayed by  a few days of life or death photo selection of six photos to hang over our couch!

Lesson learned?  I need to pad our projected renovation timeline.

DH All Over It

Check back soon for the tutorial!

2 comments:

  1. Love the level.LOL Good luck with him Natalia. I think you both are very brave to be home owners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks April. He's definitely accumulating lots of toys from all the runs we make to Home Depot.

    ReplyDelete