Thursday, February 2, 2012

Online Love Affair

Google is amazing!  I was cleaning my inbox when I came across these emails from a year ago!!  Buying a house a month before our wedding was never our plan, but DH and I couldn't help ourselves from looking at what was available online.  Being abroad and sometimes bored, I had plenty of time to search listings.  I must have sent DH over a dozen of "you must look at this house now" emails, but, as the post title suggests, sometimes it is love at first sight.


Emails unedited, please pardon our grammar/punctuation!

From: Natalia 
To: Fiance (FI)
Date: Feb 2, 2011
Subject: This is it!!!
AHhh!!  Check out the link below!  Okay, it's 50k above our price point, but I think we could bargain them down.  Great location.    


From: FI
To: Natalia
Date: Feb. 2, 2011
Subject: Re: This is it!!
i like this one a lot better.  that sun room is awesome (minus the flooring). 


From: Natalia
To: FI
Date: Mar. 19, 2011
Subject: Re: Re: This is it!!
Remember this house?!  It just dropped 20k!  I think you should go see it and let me know what it's like!  I love it!


From: FI
To: Natalia
Date: Mar. 20, 2011
Subject: Re: Re: Re: This is it!!
i think you're nuts if you think i'm buying a house with you half way across the globe.  Yeah i got a price drop notification email on this one as well.  it's nice!!!!  My only concern is that you share a driveway with the neighbor. 


From: Natalia
To: FI
Date: Apr. 20, 2011
Subject: Please take a look!!!!!!
The price changed!!!!  I love this house!!!  Please take a look.  It just dropped another 29k!!  I had said we could get it for our price point, but now I think we could get it for less!!

2 comments: