Sunday, December 4, 2011

All About Christmas!

Warning, unashamedly liberal use of exclamation marks in the post below!

I love Christmas!  I love the colors, the decorating, the smell of a real Christmas tree, the chilly weather and of course the snow!

Christmas 2010:
I spent Christmas 2010 deployed to Baghdad.  There was no snow on Christmas morning, but somehow the crew was able to bring a little bit of the holiday to the desert.    




No, the reflective belt was not part of the decor



Christmas 2009:
DH had recently redeployed from northern Iraq, and I was determined to make our first Christmas living together "special" a.k.a I went a little overboard.  Saydee, our cat, wasn't around back then so getting a real tree was obviously the way to go.
DH told me 8ft was too long, can a Christmas tree ever be too big?

Overboard


Christmas 2011:
It's a bit bizarre not to be in the middle of deploying or redeploying this year.  I find myself with all of this time on my hands, but I have to admit I'm starting to feel overwhelmed with all of the space we have to decorate!  Although we have boxes of Christmas decorations, I couldn't stop myself from picking up a few new pieces.  
A few of my favorite things
I can't wait to unpack all of our Christmas decorations and get started!

Do you go overboard with your holiday decor?  What's your favorite piece?








No comments:

Post a Comment