Thursday, December 29, 2011

Let There Be Light



What’s the quickest way to bring our dining room into the 21st century?  We've already painted, and now we're replacing the 1960s chandelier with one that’s a little bit more our taste (my taste).  We’re definitely looking for something that we’ll keep when we renovate the room in a few months.
The original 60s brass finish
 My Favorites!
I wouldn’t describe myself as traditional, but I do love how this piece incorporates both traditional and contemporary design elements.  
Restoration Hardware
I found a few variations of this chandelier on Etsy (one of my favorite places to shop!).  I love the industrial look and wonder if I could put one of these together with a few mason jars?  Maybe add some detail by using jars of various colors?  
It might take forever, but maybe I could DIY this?

Another Etsy favorite! Guess what? I’m attracted to the industrial look!  The medallion might not add much to our 60s chandelier, but I think it works here.  
Brass by ScaleWkshp

This piece caught my eye because of its rectangular design and what seems like hundreds of raindrop shaped glass pieces.  The chandelier makes a statement, but it’s not loud or overbearing.
Pottery Barn (How could I not?)

Which one do you think we choose?