Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall

You just can't walk into a home furnishing store without getting giddy over one of these!!
Don't you just LOVE it?!

Not only is our home more than half empty and full of furniture we purchased for our respective first apartments out of college, our walls are bare!  Despite being in love with our gorgeous wedding photos, I don't think a home full of framed wedding photos of DH and I is the most creative route in home decor.

Sunflower mirror not to be confused with Sunburst
via decorpad.com

Whether you have a small space

Gorgeous but WAYYY out of my price range
via andgeorge.com

or enough space to add a sunburst cluster

via budgetbungalow.com
you can't go wrong with this mirror.  So imagine my surprise when I heard from other DIY'ers that they were able to turn a plain round mirror  into a sunburst mirror!  I'm going to have to spend a few extra bucks on upfront costs, I don't own a glue gun (shocking?!), but the goal is to successfully DIY a sunburst mirror I've been drooling over for less than $50!

Hopefully I'm able to report on a successful DIY project and not on how to glue your fingers together.

No comments:

Post a Comment