Monday, January 2, 2012

Score!

Christmas came early and a few days late this year.  Look what we scored!

Settee Circa 1890s
Needles to say, we won't be painting this white!

Is there such a thing as winter cleaning?  If so, we've definitely made out like bandits.  Last week our friend Jane and her beau gave us their extra bed (congratulations on the co-habitation!!! :) ).  Then our good friend Crysta offered us a chandelier that didn't quite fit her dining room.   And finally, attempting to make space for the new baby, our neighbor gave us an antique sofa that has been in her family for three generations!!!

DH and I are still debating to either outsource the project or DIY the refurbishing and reupholstering.  In the mean time, I'm looking for some inspiration!


I love this mint green fabric
Remain traditional?
I love the cream fabric with chocolate pattern.
Via Decor Pad
Too Busy?
Via ShadesofFlight.com





Or maybe go a completely different direction and go BOLD! 
Too Bold?
Via: Wisteria Bridal Rug Sofa

This yellow makes me happy!
Houzz.com
What do you think?  Should we go traditional or bold?  Have another suggestion?

2 comments:

  1. I love the yellow ( last photo) and the white with choco print!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @MissOrange: This is going to be tough! I love the yellow, but my traditional side keeps pulling me towards the chocolate print!

    ReplyDelete