Thursday, April 6, 2017

Windows and Doors Everywhere

There have been a few projects along the way that have taken a bit longer than we anticipated--the darn demolition took about four months and I still bring it up to DH.  Now, it's the window and door installation that is certainly the cause of my recent high blood pressure.    

I can't make up my mind on what's more frustrating--the weather or our installation pace.  The  windows arrived in mid-February, but the snow, rain and the below 32F weather stalled our ability to start tackling the project.  And, of course, once one thing falls behind in schedule, it effects everything else. It's like that darn skeleton song…the foot bone is connected to the leg bone...

Two months later and the windows dominate the garage space.  Our HVAC contractor has begun work inside, and our electrician starts this week with no where to store the material on site.

Like I said, it's not just the weather that's put us behind schedule.  Our installation pace is a bit embarrassing.  On the first day we installed one window.  One!  I couldn't find the flashing tape I had purchased, the instructions were missing because we didn't put them back in the box.  We have 34 doors and windows to install!

The experiment 


On weekend number two, we fared a little better and actually got three in there!  I'll spare you the math, that's 34 windows and doors installed in 8 days, or 4 weekends!

The bushes won't make it
I think I'm actually developing anxiety over these windows.  On Monday mornings, I stare at my weather app and stalk the weekend weather, praying that we can get a dry day above 32.

Until the next installation day, I make myself feel a little bit better by crossing off the windows we've done a la Revenge.  Or maybe it's become more like a sniper crossing off her targets.  Only 30 to go!





No comments:

Post a Comment