Sunday, March 11, 2012

They're Here!

Christmas has come early for the Dolce Olin household!  After seven monthsyep, sevenwe finally have a formal living room with all the basicsseating and coffee table.

There were many times when I questioned whether my inspiration board and design lay-out would mesh together, but now, having the pieces physically in the room, I can quit worrying and just trust my instincts. 

Warning!  This post is picture heavy, but I just couldn't choose a handful and you'll see why.

Is it possible to fall in love with furniture?



A shout out to Tweed Fridays

Our new reading area!  All that's missing is a table lamp and window drapesand the desire to actually want to read.


I chose the chairs, but the fabric was all DH.  I think if he could have, he would have picked this fabric for every piece.  Adding patterned and colorful fabric is a great example of how you can mix traditional and modern.



Absolutely love the detail!  If you want your room to make a statement, I recommend pieces with lots, but subtle, details!  Details make a mass produced piece feel unique and expensive.





Isn't this piece sleek?  And it doesn't hurt that it's also super comfy!




Pet Friendly Fabric...hopefully

Love our oversized coffee table.  The tempered glass over the hand weaved wicker makes this the room's statement piece.




What furniture pieces are you in love with?  

3 comments:

  1. Currently trying to fall in love with some kind of seating as we're trying to create a 'reading' area too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that coffee table - I love low circular ones! Chair fabric is great too, where from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. www.fabric.com is a hidden gem!! I purchased the fabric there and got the furniture store to upholster it. They also have awesome sales.

      Delete