Saturday, March 17, 2012

Dressing Up The Mantle

What's great about having an awesome fireplace mantle?  It's not the cozy nights holding your significant other with a crackling fire going.  It's about dressing it up!


Every holiday, every season, I can see this quickly becoming a new obsession of mine.

Source: Pottery Barn Online Catalog

Simple, cost efficient, and colorful!

Source: PoeticHome.com

With one more cat, we're going to need an extra stocking.

Our Christmas Mantle


I absolutely love the Blue/Green combo!  The green has me thinking that we should get drapes with a green pattern instead of blue or neutral.  Excuse the TV faux pas; we hope to get it into the family room addition. 


Our Easter/Spring Mantle

During Halloween, I had an orange candle sitting directly on the mantle and unfortunately, it left a stain.  Now, I place candles in holders.  


Is the bunny too much?


Starting costs for decorating a mantle can be a little high.  When I have more time, I'll try a few DIY projects I can use on the mantle.  For now, I cut costs by buying the bare essentials during year one and then I hit the after holiday sales!  Because I'm surprisingly not the only one who's caught on to the 50-75% off after holiday sales, I try to visit the store the day after a holiday, if possible.  This same strategy applies to lawn and deck furniture!


Dollars and Cents: 

3 Silk Hydrangea: Original Price: $12.99 ea. Sale Price: $8.99 ea.
Green Basket: $12.99
Egg Candle: $8.99
Rabbit: $40.00
Glass Flower Container: $14.00
  
Total Mantle Project:  $102.95 before reward certificate for $75

1 comment:

  1. Like the Easter/Spring one, plus your garland - I love baubles lol.

    ReplyDelete