Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Yard Madness

Looking for a way to destress from all of your reno projects?  I have one recommendation, avoid gardening!   You might think I'm over exaggerating; however, you use muscles you never knew you had when you're yanking weeds, pulling roots, and carrying bags of wet cherry blossom flowers!

Not surprisingly our yard got a bit out of hand during this past winter.  Our yard is full of weeds, dead plants that I can't identify, and grass that reminds me of hay and Arizona.


A juggle growing in the background

After spending the first few weekends of Spring overwhelmed with yard must do's DH and I decided that less is moreless is more time not spent in the backyard weeding!

We out-sourced the mulching, but spent a whole weekend pulling all of the dead plants and grass.  We even pulled out some plants that weren't dead because they require a lot of maintenance and time that we'd rather spend together enjoying the backyard and pool instead of working on the backyard.

Yet another weekend gardening




Don't you love the mulch?!  Yes, that's also dead grass




Do you avoid gardening or do you manage to keep up?

1 comment:

  1. I'm an avoider, though get satisfaction from doing it. I like your white trellace.

    ReplyDelete