Sunday, October 30, 2016

Curtain Call Update

I wish I could claim responsibility for picking out the winter/holiday curtains, but, I can't.  DH was all over this decision.  I've gotta give it to him, the fabric and color were perfect for Dolce Olin.  

Our grommet curtains were a little bit too perfect.  When the buyers put in an offer on our home, they added a contingency that the sale include our curtains! Do you think they knew they were DIY? 

In the end, I convinced DH to let the curtains go, but I can't say, 10 months later, that I don't miss them!  

I won't bore with you the DIY-details, you can find the directions here.  

DIY All The Way! 




The Perfect Winter Curtains
Dollars and Cents: 
10 panels took 3 days to sew and I ordered the panels at separate times in order to maximize the discount. 

Hardware: same
Fabric: Panels- 30 yards, with a coupon for a total $871.50 (No liner--Fabric is thick and keeps its shape.)
Sewing Machine: Already own one!
Misc: Thread and Grommets $80.00 after 50% off coupon
Savings: $1,298.50; Based on the quote we received for our Spring/Summer curtains, this project would likely have cost us an estimated $450 a window--labor and the heavy fabric.  Winner! 


No comments:

Post a Comment